The functional molecular product of a single gene locus. Gene products are either proteins or functional RNA molecules.
- is_a: GeneOrGeneProduct - A union of gene loci or gene products. Frequently an identifier for one will be used as proxy for another
- GeneProductIsoformMixin - This is an abstract class that can be mixed in with different kinds of gene products to indicate that the gene product is intended to represent a specific isoform rather than a canonical or reference or generic product. The designation of canonical or reference may be arbitrary, or it may represent the superclass of all isoforms.
- RNAProduct (mixin)
- Protein (mixin) - A gene product that is composed of a chain of amino acid sequences and is produced by ribosome-mediated translation of mRNA
Referenced by class
- GeneToGeneProductRelationship object 1..1 GeneProductMixin
- Gene has gene product 0..* GeneProductMixin
- xref 0..*
- Description: Alternate CURIEs for a thing
- Range: Uriorcurie
- in subsets: (translator_minimal)
Inherited from macromolecular machine mixin:
- name 0..1
- Description: A human-readable name for an attribute or entity.
- Range: LabelType
- in subsets: (translator_minimal,samples)