This is an abstract class that can be mixed in with different kinds of gene products to indicate that the gene product is intended to represent a specific isoform rather than a canonical or reference or generic product. The designation of canonical or reference may be arbitrary, or it may represent the superclass of all isoforms.
- is_a: GeneProductMixin - The functional molecular product of a single gene locus. Gene products are either proteins or functional RNA molecules.
- RNAProductIsoform (mixin) - Represents a protein that is a specific isoform of the canonical or reference RNA
- NucleosomeModification (mixin) - A chemical modification of a histone protein within a nucleosome octomer or a substitution of a histone with a variant histone isoform. e.g. Histone 4 Lysine 20 methylation (H4K20me), histone variant H2AZ substituting H2A.
- PosttranslationalModification (mixin) - A chemical modification of a polypeptide or protein that occurs after translation. e.g. polypeptide cleavage to form separate proteins, methylation or acetylation of histone tail amino acids, protein ubiquitination.
- ProteinIsoform (mixin) - Represents a protein that is a specific isoform of the canonical or reference protein. See https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4114032/
- xref 0..*
- Description: Alternate CURIEs for a thing
- Range: Uriorcurie
- in subsets: (translator_minimal)